Wednesday 3 December 2014

The Miraculous Properties of Tea Tree





Good morning girls! Hope you are all doing well!

If I were to choose my absolute favourite between the wide range of essential oils on the market, I would have no doubt: my answer would be TEA TREE.

I stumbled across it unintentionally in a health-food shop, last year, and I couldn't live without it since!

First of all: what exactly is TEA TREE OIL?
Tea Tree Oil is an essential oil taken from the leaves of the Melaleuca Alternifolia, a plant native to Australia. Its smell is really fresh and strong. Tea Tree Oil is toxic when taken by mouth, yet has several properties if involved in our skin care routine. It is known for being an incredible antimicrobal, antiseptic and antifungal, and it's a valid natural option effective in a variety of dermatologic conditions including acne, dandruff, athlete's foot, nail mycosis, herpes and other skin infections.

My experience with Tea Tree Oil
Tea Tree Oil has been a great revelation for me! It really helps drying out spots and helped improving the health of my skin within a few weeks of use.

My Tea Tree Oil Essentials


Dr.Organic Tea Tree Skin Lotion 200ml (€7.90)
This is meant to be a body lotion, but I frequently use it on my face, especially when I have lot of imperfections. Its texture is very rich but it soaks into the skin instantly, without leaving any oiliness or shine (I have combination skin).



The Body Shop Tea Tree Essential Oil (€8.95)
It can be used directly on the imperfection without drying out the skin. I'm not trying to tell you that the minute you apply this on your spots they will instantly disappear, but in helps them healing quicker and prevents scars.



Tea Tree Facial Wipes 
These wipes are very gentle on the skin and perfectly remove every trace of makeup. They leave a nice fresh feeling on the face after use.


Beauty Formulas Australian Tea Tree Shampoo & Conditioner (€4.99 each)
Wow! These two products are to be kept handy in case of dandruff or itchy scalp. They're amazing! The conditioner is also very nourishing and will keep your hair healthy and well hydrated.



Is Tea Tree Oil included in your daily skincare routine? What other products would you girls and boys suggest? Looking forward to your replies!!

°°Michelle xx

3 comments:

  1. I've been contemplating whether or not to buy tea tree products because I've heard really god reviews, but I've also heard it's an investment. Anyways, I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brown Chic, thank you for taking the time to comment, I'm delighted you liked the post!
      You're right, Tea Tree Oil products are usually a bit pricey, although since I've started using them I've noticed a huge improvement on my skin. Just consider that I've bought my essential oil in January and I still have a bit left, you're only going to use a very small amount of it each time!
      °°Michelle xx

      Delete
    2. I purchased a tea tree oil product just today! I'll let you know how it goes!
      www.thatbrownchic.blogspot.com

      Delete