Tuesday 28 October 2014

Nutty for the Coconut!

Hello Beauties!

Today I'm going to introduce you to my hair's best friend, one of the best products I've been using recently, Cocowel Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil.




I have found this little treasure on the cooking oils shelf in SuperValu for €6.90, and I've decided to buy it to make a nourishing mask for my hair.... I ended up using it for EVERYTHING: as a body lotion on very dry skin, to heal little cuts or bruises, to hydrate the skin after a manicure or a pedicure and as a face wash to gently remove my makeup (it could also be used as a replacement of cooking oil, but seen that I'm a disaster at cooking, I'll leave this to the experts :)!)

Cocowel is 100% pure Coconut oil and contains 48% Lauric Acid and 7.5% Caprylic Acid, It is GMO Free, Gluten Free, unrefined, cold-pressed, unbleached and suitable for vegans.... What else could we ask for?? :)

Here is what I do: I slightly wet my hair and pat it dry with a towel,
 Cocowel comes in a creamy consistency that melts at 20-25 degrees, so all I do is I place a table-spoon of product on the palm of my hand and let it melt.
I then rub it onto the ends and leave it in for at least 30mins. In order to keep my hair fluffy and voluminous, I avoid applying it onto the roots.


Time to rinse it out!! I like to use my favourite shampoo to wash away the mask, and repeat it a second time to make sure every little residue is gone.
Last but not least, I apply a very small amount of hair-conditioner and rinse it out with lukewarm water until my hair is squeaky clean!

Don't forget to let me know if you've tried it or if you are going to!!!

°°Michelle xx



No comments:

Post a Comment